Pretty in Red

Pretty in Red
simple, friendly, thoughtful & fun to be with...

A BEAUTIFUL WORLD...

LIFE THAT MUST BE TREASURED

Sabado, Nobyembre 12, 2011

COLLEGE LIFE


REMINISCING THE LIFE OF A COLLEGE STUDENT LOOKING BEYOND... AND MOVING FORWARD
I could still remember my college life back then.... seems so distant yet so near and yes reminiscing those memories. Like any ordinary college stud, I was always waiting for Friday nights. Sure enough I cant go home 'coz its not yet semestral break and I have no allowance yet to go home. Well, aside from temporary shut off of my cerebrum from all the hectic duty of my brain, I have to freshen up myself a bit after school. And so, if not watching movies from the theater... going window shopping 'coz still have no money to buy, and sure enough if friends are with me together we will feel the cool breeze of the sea near the port watching the monstrous and magestic island of Guimaras...and all the boats and ships going to and fro looking beyond the horizons.

Reminiscing the best and the best days of those years gives a pang of joy and pain within me. The good thing however, is that I conquered all those trials and made me a real and better not a bitter person.

The last four years of my memorable college life is obviously memorable.... and worth living for. Still I missed my old friends... classmates.. boardmates....everyone!!!

And now that I'm molding lives of this young teenagers, I could recall back to the life when I was their age and the memories flashes back. Indeed... teachers as the "loco parentis" which means the second parent of these students had a great impact on their lives. I had this teacher who flunked our section and I was dismayed about that jeopardizing my scholarship. But to make the story short I passed that subject. Only to find out that lady will be retiring and leaving us her legacy of flunking students.  And I've learned one big lesson! if I'll become a professor, I will not be like her.

And so while I didn't finished my med school which my father would like me to be. I missed my papang and I pray that he is happy with the Lord in heaven now. And I know even if I wasn't able to become a successful doctor which could save one life, somehow and I know he would be happy seeing me in the path I'm taking. And with this kind of profession, I am not only saving one life but shaping many lives to the Lord.

Indeed.... college life is very memorable. It could become the greatest and the worst person you can be. But at the end of the day before retiring to bed, you can meditate, reflect and pray to the Lord. And finally you can say VANITY OF VANITIES, ALL IS VANITY UNDER THE SUN. But if you have purpose in your life, God will say to you THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT. Let's commit everything to the Lord.. for our loved ones, family and friends. And I pray that whoever could read this words of mine would be encouraged, blessed and continue to struggle on.. because while we are on this deserted world we are only a traveller... a pilgrim of this planet they call EARTH! 



THE MAGESTIC VIEW OF GUIMARAS ISLAND...

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento